Did you know that March 23rd is National Chip and Dip Day? It’s a great excuse to invite your friends over, serve your favorite dip with chips (or try one of the recipes below), and use a vintage chip and dip set to celebrate!
What Kind of Dipper Are You?
When dipping chips into dip, do you use the “quick in-and-plunge” approach, covering most of the chip with a thin coat of dip? Or do you prefer using the “no-dip spreading” method, using a spoon or knife to spread dip onto your chips? Maybe you’re the “dainty dipper“, holding one small edge of the chip and using it to spoon out a small amount of dip. Or maybe you prefer the “super scoop” technique, aiming the ridges of your chip directly at the dip, dunking, and scooping out a large portion of dip.
Whichever technique you prefer, I’m sure you’ll enjoy these tasty recipes!
Favorite Dip Recipes
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- 2 slices Bacon, cooked and finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Scallion, sliced
- Mix the sour cream, ranch dressing mix, bacon bits and cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Top with scallions and extra bacon.
- Serve with chips.
Grandma’s Shrimp Dip
My Grandma made the best shrimp dip ever! It has become a family tradition over the past 50+ years, and is a “must have” dip that is served (and requested) at every party and get together. Even people who typically don’t like shrimp, like my Grandma’s recipe! Give it a try!
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 8-oz brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt (we like to use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can Tiny Shrimp, rinsed well and drained thoroughly
- In a medium size glass bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add mayonnaise and sour cream to the softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Add garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, and shrimp and stir together well.
- This is optional, but if you cover the dip and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, the flavors will blend together even more.
- Serve with chips (or vegetables).
- 1 10-oz. box Frozen Chopped Spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
- 1 16-oz. container Sour Cream
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
- 1 8-oz. can Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 Green Onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with chips (or vegetables)
Vintage Chip and Dip Sets from the Vesties
Chips and dip just taste better when served in a vintage chip and dip set, like one of these! Click the photos below for more information about these sets.
Looking for awesome vintage treasures? Shop the shops of the Vintage Etsy Society Team!