September 17th is National Apple Dumpling Day! It’s a perfect chance to find a local “pick your own” apple patch near you and stock up on fresh, hand picked apples!
While you’re at it, give this recipe a try, and check out all the awesome vintage apple items from our team members. Yum!
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for serving your fresh picked apples!
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut apples into 8 slices each.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
- Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
- Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples.
- Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Vintage Apples from the Vesties
While enjoying your favorite apple dumpling treat, take a peek at these fun apple items from the shops of the Vintage Etsy Society Team. Click the photos below for more information about these items.
Looking for awesome vintage treasures? Shop the shops of the Vintage Etsy Society Team!