This week’s Tastes Like Vintage post is from Carissa, Carpebellus.
Fall brings campfires and campfires bring…COWBOYS!
I know this is a bit of a stretch but I wanted to share this simple, rustic family dish for all the upcoming potlucks. My Dad who is a huge John Wayne fan loves this Chuckwagon Bean Bake recipe that was passed down from my Grandma. Makes a good amount, enough to satisfy all your cowboy and cowgirl friends!
For all you searchers of “rusty gold”, happy trails and remember this bit of western wisdom, “Only a fool argues with the cook.”
Chuckwagon Bean Bake
- 1 large can Pork and Beans
- 1 small can Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 small can Pinto Beans (drained)
- 1 small can Lima or Butter Beans (drained)
- 1 lb. Bacon (cooked and cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup chopped Green Onion
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 bottle Chili Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Here are some vintage items from the Vesties Team to whet your appetite:
Contributed by Carissa, Carpebellus